Confused about program planning? Wondering about graduation requirements and college and university entrance? Need some direction about possible career choices? Need someone to talk to about a personal or financial problem? Book an appointment with a secretary in Student Services (located on the main floor by the atrium) to see one of our Community Agency Support Workers.
Community Agency Support Workers:
M.E. LaZerte Counsellors and their Alpha Groups:
Student Services offers the following services:
- selection of courses
- program planning
- graduation requirements
- college or university entrance requirements
- technical school/apprenticeship requirements
- scholarship information
- grant and loan information for high school, college and/or university
- confidential discussion of personal and family concerns
- conflict resolution / anger management
- establishing career goals
- exploration of related occupations
- brochures and pamphlets on career and post secondary institutions
- career presentations
- counsellors can provide appropriate referral to other school system services or agencies
A variety of tutoring services are available through Student Services. These include peer tutoring, university students through the Study Buddy program, and other community organizations. Please see a counsellor for more information.
M.E. LaZerte staff have been trained in the world renowned Link Crew Program, which we refer to as the MEntor Program. The sole purpose of the program is help new students feel more comfortable, as well as to assist them to achieve success in their first year of high school. Each Grade 10 student is assigned two MEntor Leaders. These leaders are Grade 11 or 12 students who exemplify the characteristics of a good role model and leader to guide our new students. We currently have 150 strong leaders that have volunteered to take on the MEntor role for the upcoming year! These MEntors will be touching base with their grade 10 student several time throughout the year to play a key role in their success during this transition period.